Operation Christmas Child
National Collection Week 2013… November 18-24
CenterPoint Collection Sunday… November 24
This year CenterPoint Church is once again a Relay Center for Central Ohio. If you’d like to be a part of this ministry or have any questions, please contact Jen Whisler at .
How to pack a shoe box
1. FIND A SHOE BOX… Use an empty shoe box (standard size, please) or a small plastic container. Also pray for the child who will receive your gift.
2. BOY OR GIRL?… Determine whether your gift will be for a boy or girl, and child’s age category: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14. Mark the correct age category on the label, and tape the label to the top of your box.
3. FILL WITH GIFTS… see suggestions below.
4. INCLUDE YOUR DONATION… Please donate $7 (cash or check) or more for each shoe box you prepare to help cover shipping and other project costs.
5. DROP IT OFF… Drop your box off at CenterPoint (or any collection point) and know it will go to a child who will receive it with great joy!
TOYS… Small cars, balls, dolls, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, small Etch A Sketch, toys that light up or make noise (with extra batteries) Slinky, etc.
SCHOOL SUPPLIES… Pens, pencils and sharpener, crayons or markers, stamps and ink pad sets, writing pads or paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, ectc.
HYGIENE ITEMS… Toothbrush, toothpaste, mild bar soap (in a plastic bag), comb, washcloth, etc.
OTHER… Hard candy and lollipops (please double bag all candy), mints, gum, T-shirts, socks, ball caps; sunglasses, hair clips, toy jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries)